Tungsten Carbide Electrode Characteristics
- Electrode Spec Sheet
- Our tungsten carbide electrodes come in rod and single hole varieties.
- Tungsten carbide electrodes are the toughest variety of EDM drill.
- Toughness allows tungsten carbide electrodes to drill through the most stubborn target materials.
- Toughness also allows tungsten carbide electrodes to be manufactured at smaller sizes than copper or brass, allowing for smaller holes to be drilled.
- We have been using the same alloy specification for over 15 years with a mixture of 3%, 6%, or 10% cobalt, optimal for EDM drilling.
- We offer tungsten carbide electrodes in a variety of lengths from 2 inches (50 mm) to 12 inches (320 mm).
- Custom lengths are available upon request.
When Should I Use Tungsten Carbide Electrodes?
- When the target material is extremely durable. If even copper electrodes are not tough enough for a particular application, tungsten carbide will get the job done.
- When the hole that needs to be drilled is extremely small. Tungsten carbide electrodes can be manufactured at diameters down to .045 mm, while copper and brass electrodes can only get as small as .1 mm.
When Should I Not Use Tungsten Carbide Electrodes?
- When the workpiece or target material is relatively soft, tungsten carbide should not be used. Using tungsten carbide can be prohibitively expensive when copper or brass will accomplish the same thing.
- When very small holes are not required. If copper or brass electrodes are available in the size needed for a certain hole, these are much more cost-effective.
Tungsten Carbide EDM Tubes and Your Specific EDM Drilling Machine
Today’s EDM Drilling Machines are far more advanced than ever before. With the various preset power settings available, our tungsten carbide EDM tubes will work effortlessly with any machine using oil-based dielectric fluid. If you are not sure whether tungsten carbide tubes will work with your machine, please contact your machine’s manufacturer.
Holepop Product Information
- All tubing is backed with a rock-solid 100% product guarantee.
- If you are not satisfied with our EDM consumables and EDM tubes we will either replace them or refund you the total cost.
- We offer fast, reliable, and completely customizable shipping to suit your needs.
- Holepop uses UPS, DHL, FedEx, and any other international courier to ship anywhere in the world.
- All brass and copper EDM electrodes are supplied in packs of 40 pieces.
- Place an order here or call (714) 222-9899 to speak directly to our EDM Hole drilling specialists.